The Aventine hill (in Latin, Collis Aventinus) is the southernmost of Rome’s seven hills. It comprises two distinct heights, one greater to the northwest and one lesser to the southeast, divided by a steep cleft that provides the base for an ancient roadway between the heights. During the Republican era the two hills may have been recognized as a single entity.
It is presumed that the Aventine was state-owned public land; in c.456 BC a Lex Icilia allowed or granted the plebs property rights there. By c.391 BC, the city’s overspill had overtaken the Aventine and the Campus Martius, and left the city vulnerable to attack; around that year, the Gauls overran and temporarily held the city. After this, the walls were rebuilt or extended to properly incorporate the Aventine; this is more or less coincident with the increasing power and influence of the Aventine-based plebeian aediles and tribunes in Roman public affairs, and the rise of the plebeian nobility.
“Il Giardino degli Aranci” (The Oranges Garden) is the name used to describe” Parco Savello”, a park in Rome of about 7,800 sq. miles located on the Aventine Hill in Ripa district, which offers an excellent view of the city. The garden, whose name derives from the presence of several characteristic orange trees, lies on the ancient fortress built by the Savelli family (here the name Parco Savelli) between 1285 and 1287, near the Basilica of Santa Sabina on the Aventine Hill.
The garden, as seen today, was created in 1932 by the architect Raffaele De Vico when the new urban definition of the Aventine wanted free access to the view from the side of the hill, instead the garden the neighboring church created in that place. That to create a new Roman viewpoint, to be added to the existing ones, the Pincio and the Gianicolo.
The room has a queen size bed, a private bathroom with a shower, air conditioning, LED TV, phon and free Wi-Fi.